Monday, February 4, 2013

Kasey Quickie: Roasted Figs

So I came across a really affordable batch of figs at my super secret (super cheap) produce haven last week. As I was cleaning out my fridge over the weekend in preparation for this week's creations, I came across the forgotten figs and realized I needed to do something with them, FAST!
To me, roasting was the obvious choice.

What You Need:
Figs (um, duh)
Oil (I used a lemon infused olive oil from Bari)
Sea Salt
Aluminum Foil

What You Do:
Crank up your oven to 400.

Cut the figs in half, the long way. Place into a bowl, drizzle with oil and a sprinkle of salt then toss so they are fully coated.

Line a baking sheet with foil (these things get sticky, this saves on clean-up)

Place the figs SKIN SIDE DOWN and not touching, touching promotes steaming which is bad for the roasting process.

Let roast for about 25 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them.

After 25 minutes, turn the oven off and let the figs stay in there for an additional 20 minutes. This helps dehydrate them even more.

Now they should be a little shriveled but full of sweetness!

Add to salads, wrap some prosciutto around them, throw them on a pizza, in some cookies, whatever!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!